As promised in my last post, we will now look how you can build on the positive aspects and improve on the more negative aspects of that feedback.
Everyone to take responsibility or ownership of their own learning and development. How?
In a staff development/mentoring session - or on your own - look at the process of professional development.
Conduct a personal audit to develop a personal development plan. This will include:
- Where am I now?
- Where do I want to be in 1/5/10 years time?
- What do I need to do to achieve this?
- A personal development plan.
- Look at your job description.
- Develop a learning plan by carrying out a Analysis.
- Develop an overall action plan, making sure that there are clear dates and targets for the achievement of objectives.
- Agree this - both employee/learner and manager/mentor.
- What Resources will you need?:
You will need Access and Support. How?
- Will you attend a taught programme or will it be through open and distance learning?
- Will it be paper-based or online?
"Think about what kind of support you will need.
- Will your family take over some of your household chores while you study?
- Can you free up some study space?
- It is important that you have somewhere, even if just a corner in the kitchen, where you can study undisturbed and keep your work clean and presentable."
View the full article on Linkedin.
A video introduction to "Release Your Potential" on You Tube