Tuesday, 27 October 2015

Getting to Grips with Nero.

New jacket covers and filtering them through to other content.

With the onset of expanded eBook distribution coupled with new jacket covers for some titles, it was time to update the book video trailers. When I updated from Microsoft XP to Windows 7 I lost functionality of Pinnacle Studio video-editing software. I then updated my very out-of-date Nero [for burning discs but increasingly with some video editing functions] to Nero 14.

Yesterday, I was bemoaning the fact that I could do as much fancy footwork with slides that I could in Studio. Transitions and music were limited. Then I saw a link encouraging me to download content - for free.

Off I went, click, click and so on. The download [from Nero 2016 Platinum] took some time but lo and behold, I had all sorts of tools to play with.  It works well in Windows 10. Not content with updating the videos for the said new jacket titles, I went the whole hog, so to speak, and re-did others.

I have now restored videos on a page in this blog. Click here to view. The effects are dynamic but I have tried to keep it clean and unfussy. (It is amazing how wild and wonderful some of the tools and tricks are.) Since I have written a book with a sub-title 'Getting the Message Across' I had better practice what I preach.

Once I have completed this marketing update project, I will be able to go full steam ahead with Island Interludes which is  way behind and has been re-scheduled for sometime in 2016 (t.b.a.) No pressure there then.

Rosalie xx