Thursday, 13 March 2014

Coming up for Air in March.

Well, March came in like a lion for me with lots of unexpected connections - mainly through Twitter. So who says that social media is a waste of time as some do?

As I write, I am listening to Red Shift Radio  and Chrisoula Sirigou's Health and Healing Show, waiting for my guest phone-in slot at 12:15pm. Chrisoula is raising money for Oxfam's Mother Appeal and I am happy to include a link.

Tuesday.

I attended a meeting of the Federation of Small Businesses at Moneypenny House in Wrexham. Moneypenny are the telephone answering & outsourced reception company which has won many awards since its inception only a few years ago. When I was working in Yale College-Yale Training (now Coleg Cambria)  I was involved in verifying the Management and Customer Service programmes. I was amazed on Tuesday at the expansion. During the evening I re-connected with current contacts and made new connections.

Last week.

I submitted Guest article  for a contest - My Gutsy Story -  on Sonia Marsh website (no relation). 
The March winner to be included in the second anthology which Sonia plans to publish. It went live on Monday.
Last week I was also contacted by the Education Alumni department of Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) to submit my profile/case study of successes after graduation. I have to point out that my graduation occurred later in life when my family were grown up and grandchildren became a big part of my life.

Waterstones, Wrexham.

The big event for me this month has been at Waterstones Booksellers, Regent Street Wrexham. Ged, the manager, has been very pro-active and supportive in showcasing all my titles. Not only having them all on the shelves but in a prominent place at the front of the store (on the left as you enter).

In April, there will also be an event at Waterstones Wrexham for World Book Night on April 23rd, organised by Susan Miller / the best of Wrexham. I will be supporting the event and signing my books which range from £6.99 -£8.99 and are also available for download as eBooks in Kindle, *pdf and ePub for Apple, Kobo etc. at e-retailers worldwide or direct from Smashwords in multiple formats for most reading devices and PC. Paperbacks are also available worldwide

In March I was also connection across the globe to Andalucia and Ali Meehan of CostaWomen. She was heavily involved in World Book Day and International Women's Day where there was a Fayre. I had sent across a few books at the end of february to help raise money for their charity. Waiting with baited breath for their safe timely arrival, surprisingly they only took a few days. Such a relief when Ali posted a message on Twitter. All told Ali raised 430Euros at the Fayre in the raffle.

Now to take a breath and ring in to Chrisoula's show. Chrisoula is just announcing me!

Have a lovely day.

Rosalie xx