Friday, 26 October 2012

The Daunting Prospect Of Getting Back Into The World Of Work

The Daunting Prospect Of Getting Back Into The World Of Work

This is my second guest article for Judith Sharman of Well Tree Learning. 
There are many schools of thought on women in the workplace. I never had any expectations that when I gave up work to have a family,  I would one day go back to work. I was a stay-at-home Mum for about fourteen years and in retrospect, they were the best years of my life as I nurtured and managed my family and home. This article is a very real experience. My career came in later life and continues after 'retirement'.  But the term 'retirement' is another hot topic. Q. What actually is retirement? 

We will leave that for another day . . .

Another associated article was published after mine. http://www.well-tree-learning.co.uk/articles/value-of-stay-at-home-parents


On her Well Tree Learning site Judith focuses on three main areas:
You & Your Workplace, You & Your Family, and Coaching and Consultancy. Take a look around the site. there are some thought-provoking topics there. 

Rosalie x

Also read: In Defence and Celebration Of E-Books