Thursday, 5 April 2012

Travel and Personal Development and Music - More Skills for Life



When I wrote my last posting, I was so full of the life-saving techniques we had learned that I forgot to mention the wonderful concert we had attended the night before at the William Aston Hall, Glyndwr Uni. Wrexham. 
I have been attending concerts there for a good number of years, firstly to hear our daughter play the clarinet in the Wrexham Schools Junior Band where she was leader, Senior and County Bands ( and to chauffeur etc. - of course!) and for the last ten years to see our eldest grandson develop in the Junior Orchestra through to Senior Orchestra,  North Wales Youth Orchestra and 2nd Violin in the  Wrexham Symphony Orchestra (WSO)(and to chauffeur sometimes - of course!). This last concert by the WSO consisted of a very fairly gentle piece followed by a very long, fast and furious one. ( Next concert Saturday May 5th.) We were amazed at the stamina and technique of the players whose ages range from young adults to more senior  and experienced ones. It is wonderful to see how the music service in Wrexham and North Wales has developed over the last 30 + years. Money well spent! James also plays guitar(s) and sings vocals in a band - Rooza- which is a complete contrast. He has also just achieved his Grade 8 Violin exam and we are so proud of his dedication and humorous love of life. All grown up now! (Sniff! sniff! where did that little boy go to?)


Now to this week. 
I attended the North Wales WiRE Networking meeting on Monday. I had been named Business of the Week  and was asked to be the Speaker. here is a varied mix of business ladies and I tried to entertain them with tales of our travel escapades.  I sandwiched this in-between my other passion of personal development - a subject close to my heart - as I believe that these personal experiences contribute to professional development. The new Skills for Employability books also came into focus with the first one Pre-Employment being release on May 17th. I delayed this by a couple of weeks as the second edition of award-winning Just Us Two: Ned and Rosie's Gold Wing Discovery is coming out on May 1st.


Last Saturday I exhibited at the Spring Craft and Food Fair in aid of the National Osteoporosis Society. The organisation was exemplary and well- attended with a huge range of stalls.


Lots to do at present so, that's all for now. Back to the drawing board so to speak! No time to grow old!


Rosalie x