Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Wind down day and thoughts of a fairytale costume!

A wind-down day today after a busy few weeks of book events, formatting books  for different e-book formats. Spent some time this morning replenishing marketing materials etc ready for the next book events. 
This will be at the Llay Park Resource CentreLlay Park Resource Centre Llay,Wrexham. This resource centre is absolutely brilliant and if that is how our hard-earned tax money is spent - then carry on. We went down a few weeks ago to put up posters for the Waterstone's book event  in Wrexham and what a surprise we had. Not only a Library, there is a wonderful cafe with good wholesome food and a TV to watch while you eat your Big Breakfast or other meal. There are rooms for other activities as well and the cafe has, I believe, become the hub of the village. 
To cut a long story short, Sarah, the Community Development Manager, asked if I would like to have a stall at their Christmas Fair on Saturday November 26th from 11am - 4pm.. The theme this year is Fairytale Wonderland. Being a fairy is out. Well, I mean! Playing safe, I think I will be a pirate. I have a long sash from my pedal pushers; boots; a floaty baggy shirt. Just need to look for a pirate's hat etc.
Rosalie xx