Sunday, 9 October 2011

Deganwy Authors Day and Book Fest.


I had a wonderful day yesterday at the Authors Day and Book Fair in Deganwy,North Wales. Held in the conference suite upsairs we had an unsurpassed view through the huge picture windows of the Conwy Suspension Bridge and the ancient but sturdy Conwy Castle on the shores of the estuary. The weather made the estuary a bit choppy but North Wales is beautiful at any time of the year and in all moods of the weather.

With a selection of publishers and authors from across the UK, there was something for everyone. Allen & I met some interesting people. Having a background in direct  & retail sales and business development, I haven't lost my love of exhibitions and fairs.Those who know me, know  I like to talk (this blog isn't called Rosalie's Chatter for nothing) and there were  plenty of topics and experiences to talk about.


Thank you to all  in Canada, USA, UK, Europe, Russia, India and beyond who read my 'chatter'. Hope you enjoy a peek into our lives here in Wales. Wales is that part of the UK, between the North West and South West, which juts out into the Irish Sea. It has its own language and culture and, increasingly,its own policies through the Welsh Assembly Government (or WAG). I though, am a Lancashire Lass who re-located here over 40 years ago. I can still see in my mind's eye a fairytale scene in the beauty of  a snow covered Llangollen by the river just after the roads had opened. This was on our first visit with our small baby girl before we settled for good.
If you have never visited, well the mountains and valleys of Snowdonia are a must for your  'to do' list.

Rosalie xx